Thursday, October 29, 2015

Only in DZIENNIK.PL. Road to the East, or as a Pole playing Russian roulette with the services of Putin – Dziennik.pl

Luke Głowniak of Kąkolewnicy near Radzyn Podlaski is also one of the heroes of the new program “Polish truckersi,” which makes its debut on the Discovery Channel. In an interview with dziennik.pl reveals why Moscow is avoided like the plague and how policemen from the East react to the Poles.

Thomas Sewastianowicz: Why did you become a lorry driver?

Luke Głowniak : She forced me to this life situation. Immediately after graduation hired as zootechnician, also I chose studies in this direction, but lost the job. Inevitably, also I resigned from further study. I wanted to find a normal job paid somewhere near the family Kąkolewnicy, but it was not possible. Lublin is unfortunately one of the poorest Polish regions. It happened that I was earning up to 900 zlotys on hand. How do they survive? But I have a wife and children.

The choice was simple?

I knew in my region are only normal earnings driver. Hunger salary made him the only breadwinner was faced with a choice – either decent money at the expense of the many days spent in the truck, or depression and lack of prospects. So I became a trucker and specializes in transporting goods to Eastern Europe. For five years I have my own business. Mostly I go to Russia; Ukraine long ago, I was not.

Why there?

I live in the Lublin region, and that means I have therefore much closer to Russia than to eg. France. Besides, pulls me their exoticism, the West is for me a familiar and safe. East – completely different. Each route is a challenge.

What do you chauffeurs to Russia?

Everything except food products, because I have a cold just tarpaulin. Russia is a market with no bottom. What would there not zawiozło, it would still be enough. Starting from cosmetics, building materials store shelves until the ending. For everything there is a demand.

is safe if you take into account the Russian-Ukrainian conflict?

I do not feel any threat. I think Russia is doing now becoming safer. In Poland they stole the fuel me three times, and in Russia or Belarus not once. I’m not afraid when I go to Russia, there is protection in parking, showers and sometimes even Wi-Fi. Although, I must admit, Moscow I avoid like the plague. I do not like to go there.

Why?

Because there prevails a wild driving culture. Cunning. Even in Russia they do not like moskwianami. Recently, in St. Petersburg elderly gentleman told me that in them, too, no one likes people from the capital. Moscow is a powerful agglomeration, traffic jams, in some districts there is thievery. It happens that night to the Pole in the parking lot pull up a few “no neck” with a gun in his hand and demanded 100 euros for protection. The police nothing was done.

In general, outside Moscow, people are more hospitable. And in St. Petersburg the impression that they think that they are more in Scandinavia than in Russia. There is kindness, a different driving culture.

It’s true what they say about the road to the east?

Urywający asphalt does not impress me. In Russia, the worst is winter, and this is due to their style of driving. It is slippery, and someone is able to overtake me any and suddenly in front of the hood give the brakes, for example to turn. For this still unpredictable weather – once the sun is shining, it is -15 or -30 degrees Celsius, and once – a blizzard.

What are you taking with you on a trip?

The drinking water supply, because The country’s is stinking. I have her with him about 30 liters, straight from deep wells. When it comes to food, it will have more than less, and it is because of their customs is like Russian roulette – one can only keep me there one day, and sometimes even a week. All through the red tape – if the Russian customs officers do not like something in the papers, it can arrest the goods with a car with a driver no.

How did the Russian police or Belarusian police react to the Pole driver?

11-12 years ago, when I started to ride it at any cullet always was guilty Pole. Now Russian police approached differently to each situation. Although the road to Moscow is so guarded by the Belarusian traffic police and transport inspection, it was in my head does not fit.

For your safety?

And how! For them, every Pole is a source of income. It happened so that 450 km from the border with Belarus to the gates of Moscow stopped me four times. Last longer I stand it and began to laugh, and the militiaman to me, “What are you laughing?”. I replied: “You are the fourth and the papers have a right.” I hear: “And so what? You have to check. But before the patrol could give a beer”. And I said, “Well, you and you.”

Temu also give you a bribe?

In Russia, that how it works. They are not interested, that I have all the papers checked and stamped. For the 200 km back stop and argue that earlier gave a bribe, and he too must – otherwise start to control me again.

Even crossing the border in Belarus, you have to be on your guard. Every time I check carefully transported cargo, because even for exceeding the weight of the goods on a few kilos, I can reliably get hit on the pocket. Russian “transportnikom” never in a hurry, they always have the time. It happened that could keep me on duty after 8-9 days

It’s better to pay for peace of mind?

If every Pole walked in zaparte and not gave, it may be a oduczyli. And a waste of time – if you do not pay, then they come up with some foolishness, eg. Gas cylinder treat as a bomb scare me the mandate. Therefore it is better to give 100 or 200 rubles, ie approx. 6-12 zł, it is not much, at least, is peace of mind. In short, for Russia without oil me to go, but without bribes that I’d never gone.

A punish you ever mandate in Russia?

It happened, but long ago – when the mandate still worth only bank in the region in which they are seated. I remember that the mandate amounted to 50 rubles. After two years of traffic police stops me and says that I will not go any farther, but I will sit for “ciurmy” (prison). And all the unpaid fine. After a while in uniform, however, that for 1000 euro can not go on.

I told him that I was going to the car, pack up, I’ll call his wife and tell you that I’m not coming. The Russian was like, no, no, it is 100 euros. When he saw that it did not scare finally I ended up probably 50 euros to hand.

The next time somewhere in Moscow found the bank and paid the overdue mandate with a vengeance – now I deliver to one another by proof of payment as collateral.

How do you deal with everyday route after returning home?

I have my passion – I’m a biker. In the garage I keep three antique motorcycles – WFM in its original 1960 Ural M63 with a basket, and Ural mountains K750 also with a basket. Were it not that I have a wife and children, I am an evergreen I sat in the garage.

LikeTweet

No comments:

Post a Comment